Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Graduate School

So, today I turned in my application and papers for the Social Work Master's program at UALR. I should know something by the middle of March. Only 15 people get into the 1 year advanced program. Pray that I get in. Until today, I did not know if there would be a program to get into. We found out last Friday that UALR needed to cut $250,000 and were possibly going to get rid of the BSW program. Our program director talked with the Dean today, and it was decided that the BSW program would survive!!! Good decision. Vegas pictures are soon to follow.

5 comments:

  1. So glad they decided to keep your program! I could't believe they were going to cut it--these really are crazy times. fingers crossed for good news...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will keep you in my thoughts! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They weren't gonna cut the Masters program, silly. There was always a program for you to get into. Which you will, so don't worry.

    -India

    ReplyDelete