Thursday, June 11, 2009

LOVE IT

I am loving my internship. I took this position because I wanted to challenge myself. I have never worked with the older generation, so I wanted to before I got out of school. I don't think I want to work with this population when I finish, but I like what I am doing. It is so good to see someone come in not really knowing anything, even who they are, and seeing them come into their own. I had a man today that would sit at the back of the room during group. Today, he came to the table and sat beside me and asked me about my schooling. It was so fullfilling to see his progress. There are even times when I don't want them to leave, but I know they have to.

So I finally got my financial aid. Long story, but they put a hold on it and didn't take it off when they were supposed to, which is a month ago. I finally sent enough emails, like 15, and called that they figured out that they were wrong and I should have had my money last week. At least I got it all, so I can't complain that it was a week late. It's not like it is being used for anything good, just bills (and maybe a few wedding items!!).

1 comment:

  1. Glad that you are enjoying the internship and feeling like you are really making a difference in people's lives....that's what sw is all about. Glad the money issue was resolved.

    ReplyDelete