Friday, April 3, 2009

Colorado 2009








Last week we were in Winter Park, Colorado. This was our third year to go there. The first day, Sunday, we were there it was beautiful, a balmy 50 degrees and sunny. We should have skied this day, but instead we went shopping. We took our skis and equipment to the base of the mountain to store. They have a new lift that takes you to the new part of the base, The Village, to the parking lot. They also now have wagons to haul your things. We ate at a new place on Sunday night, Gausteaus Eichler. They had both traditional German food or fondue. We chose to eat the fondue. It was an experience neither of us had had before. We had cheese fondue with bread, apples and broccoli; meat fondue with sirloin, shrimp and chicken; and chocolate fondue with pound cake, strawberries, melon and pineapple. It was good, but overwhelming. We will not be visiting this restaurant again. Monday, we went skiing. Scott and I did not start the day off well because I was annoyed. I ended up falling a couple of times, one was really bad. I flipped over and one ski was stuck under my bottom. I just laid on the ground because I was hurting so bad. The guys in the lift above me shouted down to me to see if I was okay. I was okay, but my ankle was hurt. I tried to ski a little longer, and eventually had to go in because I could not move my skis to the left. We went to the hot tub and to a nice dinner. Scott proposed to me this night!! It was a total shock. This night we went to Dino's Mountain Bistro. We both had steak and neither of us liked what we got. The only good thing I had was the berry pie dessert. We will not be visiting this restaurant again either. Tuesday, we stayed in because my ankle still hurt. We went to our regular tubing outing and had a great time. They had a new area to tube down that was steep and slick!! We went to eat at our old standby, Hernando's. They have such good pizza. Wednesday, Scott skied and I went for a massage. The massage was great. Scott had a great day of skiing the areas that I don't ski with him. We ate at a new place, The Green Olive. We got lost trying to find it, so it was doomed from the beginning. The waitress was very weird and the food was not very good. I got shrimp pasta and was appalled when I saw that the shrimp covered with melted cheese still had the tails on them. What a disaster. We will not visit this place again either. The next two days are covered in the next post.
The condo we stayed at.
Scott sledding down a hill we found at the park.

Scott pulling all of our ski equipment with the new wagons they supplied at the base. Cheese fondue A piece of sirloin with all the dipping sauces they gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment